Connect with Friends and go deeper in your spiritual experience with these upcoming virtual events in April, presented by Piedmont Friends Fellowship & Yearly Meeting, Friends Couple Enrichment, and more. You're also invited to FGC's ongoing worship opportunities (check them out here).
This article was created for the April 2021 issue of Vital Friends.
Events presented by FGC
- April 3rd to 4th, 2021 - Virtual Retreat for Youth of Color. 3:00pm to 4:30pm Eastern / 12:00pm to 1:30pm Pacific. Learn more and register here.
- April 7-10, 2021 - The 2021 White Privilege Conference, hosted by the Privilege Institute. FGC is organizing a group of Friends to attend the conference and participate in worship together as well. Learn more and start the registration process here.
- April 17th, 2021 - FGC Consultation: Spirit and Community Online. 10:30am to 5:00pm Eastern. Learn more and register here.
- Coming soon: May 6th, 2021 - Cultivating Generosity in your Meeting, hosted by Everence. 7:00pm Eastern. Registration form coming soon!
Affiliated Yearly Meeting Events
Baltimore Yearly Meeting:
- April 3rd, 2021, 3:00pm Eastern - Seeing the Light of God in Those You Don't Like. Learn more and register.
- View Baltimore Yearly Meeting's full calendar of events here.
New England Yearly Meeting:
- April 9 to 11, 2021 - Junior Yearly Meeting Retreat. Learn more and register here.
- View New England Yearly Meeting's full calendar of events here.
New York Yearly Meeting:
Quaker Parent Mutual Support Groups: New York Yearly Meeting will soon launch mutual support groups for Quaker parents. These groups, which will meet either weekly or bi-weekly through April 2021, will provide a space for conversation between Friends who are currently parenting children. Facilitators will be present to set things up and provide listening ears, but the time will be loosely structured so that it can be what you need it to be.
Although this effort is supported by New York Yearly Meeting, Quaker parents from other places are warmly welcomed. Learn more and register to participate here.
If you have questions, please contact Emily Provance (support group coordinator)
- April 9 to 11, 2021 - Spring Sessions. Learn more and register here.
Philadelphia Yearly Meeting:
April 25th, 2021 - GIANT Children’s Meeting! 9:00am Eastern. Learn more and register here.
View Philadelphia Yearly Meeting's full calendar of events here.
Piedmont Friends Fellowship & Yearly Meeting:
- April 9th to 11th, 2021 - Spring Retreat and Annual Sessions. Learn more and register here.
Quaker Partner Organization Events
American Friends Service Committee:
- Weekly Thursday Update from AFSC Staff on Facebook Live. 4:00pm Eastern / 1:00pm Pacific. Facebook account required. View the live presentation here.
Canadian Friends Service Committee:
- Thursday, April 29th, 2021 - Get to Know Thee Friend: A 12-part series for CFSC's 90th anniversary. Learn more and register.
Friends Couple Enrichment:
- April 17, 2021 - 2-hour Drop-in Dialogue. 1:00pm Eastern / 10:00am Pacific. Join with other couples for a time of witnessed dialogue, facilitated by Mark Wutka and Mary Linda McKinney. Register here.
- Future Drop-in Diaglogue Dates: May 23 & June 18, 2021. Visit the Friends Couple Enrichment website to learn more and register for future dates.
Events of Interest to Friends
Quaker Saturdays at Work, presented by North American Quakers & Business
All meetings will be held on the second Saturday of the month at 11:00am Eastern Time, except for the FGC Gathering. Learn more and participate here.
- April 10, 2021 - Centered at Work
- May 8, 2021 - Debt at Work
- June 18 to 20, 2021 - FGC Gathering
- July 10, 2021 - My Spiritual Journey at Work
Is your Quaker community or organization hosting a virtual event? Send it to us!