Connect with Friends and go deeper in your spiritual experience with these upcoming virtual events in March, presented by Baltimore Yearly Meeting, Quaker Voluntary Service, and more. You're also invited to FGC's ongoing worship opportunities (check them out here).
This article was created for the March 2021 issue of Vital Friends.
Affiliated Yearly Meeting Events
Baltimore Yearly Meeting:
- March 13, 2021, 10:00am Eastern to March 14, 2021, 12:00pm Eastern - Junior Young Friends (JYF) Con. For 6th to 8th Graders. Learn more and register.
- March 13, 2021 - Relating to Aging Friends Workshop. 10:00am to 11:30am Eastern. Learn more and register.
New England Yearly Meeting:
- March 13, 2021 - Moving Beyond Noticing Workshop. 3:00pm to 5:00pm Eastern. Learn more and register here.
New York Yearly Meeting:
Quaker Parent Mutual Support Groups: New York Yearly Meeting will soon launch mutual support groups for Quaker parents. These groups, which will meet either weekly or bi-weekly through April 2021, will provide a space for conversation between Friends who are currently parenting children. Facilitators will be present to set things up and provide listening ears, but the time will be loosely structured so that it can be what you need it to be.
Although this effort is supported by New York Yearly Meeting, Quaker parents from other places are warmly welcomed. Learn more and register to participate here.
If you have questions, please contact Emily Provance (support group coordinator)
Philadelphia Yearly Meeting:
March 28th, 2021 - GIANT Children’s Meeting! 9:00am Eastern. Learn more and register here.
South Central Yearly Meeting:
- March 28 to April 4, 2021. 2021 South Central Yearly Meeting Spring Sessions Online. Theme: Loving in the Light; Quaker Engagement in Times of Crisis, Part II. Learn more and register here.
Quaker Partner Organization Events
American Friends Service Committee:
- Weekly Thursday Update from AFSC Staff on Facebook Live. 4:00pm Eastern / 1:00pm Pacific. Facebook account required. View the live presentation here.
- March 7, 2021 - A Quaker call to Citizenship for All. 7:00pm Eastern / 4:00pm Pacific. Learn more and register here.
Beacon Hill Friends House:
- Sunday, March 14: Walking with the Bible Winter 2021 "bible hour" in partnership with Woolman Hill Retreat Center, with Peter Blood-Patterson and Regina Renee Ward. 4:00-5:15pm ET. Closed captioning provided. Learn more and register.
- Wednesday evenings: MIDWEEK: Experiments in Faithfulness. Free, weekly, guest-facilitated spiritual practice with Quaker flavor and an experimental ethos. Closed captioning provided. Every Wednesday, 7:30-8:30pm ET. Register for upcoming sessions and watch past recordings.
- Weekday mornings: Simple Meditation Practice. 15-minute guided meditation practice that begins and ends with fellowship. Every Monday-Friday, 8:00-8:30am ET. Closed captioning available. Join at this Zoom link.
- Sundays, March 7 & 14: Art Journaling as a Spiritual Practice drop-in workshops with LJ Boswell. Learn more and register.
Ben Lomond Quaker Center:
- March 24 to 28, 2021 - Promptings of the Spirit: An Online Writer's Retreat, with Dwight Wilson, Nancy Thomas and Bob Fisher. Pacific Time. Learn more and register here.
Canadian Friends Service Committee:
- Thursday, March 25th, 2021 - Get to Know Thee Friend: A 12-part series for CFSC's 90th anniversary. A Conversation with Rachel Singleton-Polster and Christina Tellez. 7:00pm – 8:30pm Eastern / 4:00pm – 5:30pm Pacific. Learn more and register.
Friends Committee on National Legislation:
- Witness Wednesdays (Ongoing), 5:15pm ET - Learn more and register.
- March 2, 2021 - Learn to Lobby in 30 Minutes. 6:30pm Eastern - Learn more and register.
- March 11, 2021 - Thursdays with Friends: Young Adults Building Movements for Change. 4:00pm Eastern - Learn more and register.
- March 20 - 22, 2021 - Spring Lobby Weekend 2021. Learn more and register.
Friends Couple Enrichment:
- March 27, 2021 - 2-hour Drop-in Dialogue. 1:00pm Eastern / 10:00am Pacific. Join with other couples for a time of witnessed dialogue, facilitated by Mark Wutka and Mary Linda McKinney. Register here.
- Future Drop-in Diaglogue Dates: April 17 and May 23, 2021. Visit the Friends Couple Enrichment website to learn more and register for future dates.
- March 13-14 and March 20-21, 2021 - Virtual Workshop at Pendle Hill - Facing Transitions Together: A Couple Enrichment Retreat. This event will happen over two weekends, with 5 sessions each weekend. This workshop will be co-led by Kathy and Jeff Richman and Mike and Marsha Green, with support from Sally Backofen and Annie Lange. Learn more and register here.
Quaker Voluntary Service (QVS):
- Sunday, March 7, 2021 - Stories of Service: QVS Alumni Panel. 4:00pm to 5:30pm. Learn more and register here.
Events of Interest to Friends
Quaker Saturdays at Work, presented by North American Quakers & Business
All meetings will be held on the second Saturday of the month at 11:00am Eastern Time, except for the FGC Gathering. Learn more and participate here.
- March 13, 2021 - Creativity at Work
- April 10, 2021 - Centered at Work
- May 8, 2021 - Debt at Work
- June 18 to 20, 2021 - FGC Gathering
- July 10, 2021 - My Spiritual Journey at Work
Coming soon - April 17th, 2021: FGC Consultation: Spirit and Community Online
An opportunity to learn and exchange resources about holding Quaker worship, business meetings, and events online. Learn more and register here.
Is your Quaker community or organization hosting a virtual event? Send it to us!