Connect with Friends and go deeper in your spiritual experience with these upcoming virtual events this summer, presented by Friends Committee on National Legislation, Friends Couple Enrichment, Powell House, and more. You're also invited to FGC's ongoing worship opportunities (check them out here).
This article was created for the June/July 2021 issue of Vital Friends.
Events presented by FGC
- June 27th to July 3rd, 2021 - FGC Gathering 2021: Way Will Open. Join us for a week of virtual workshops, worship, and community for all ages! Register now.
- Coming Soon: Fall 2021 Spiritual Deepening eRetreat offerings. Go deeper in your spiritual journey with Friends through our 4-week online learning and community-building opportunities. Learn more about our eRetreats.
Affiliated Yearly Meeting Events
Baltimore Yearly Meeting:
- BYM Event Calendar - view calendar online and register for individual events here.
New England Yearly Meeting:
- NEYM Event Calendar - view calendar online and register for individual events here.
Ohio Valley Yearly Meeting:
- OVYM Event Calendar - view calendar online and register for individual events here.
Pacific Yearly Meeting:
- PacYM Event Calendar - view calendar online and register for individual events here.
Philadelphia Yearly Meeting:
PhlYM Event Calendar - view calendar online and register for individual events here.
Quaker Partner Organization Events
American Friends Service Committee:
- Weekly Thursday Update from AFSC Staff on Facebook Live. 4:00pm Eastern / 1:00pm Pacific. Facebook account required. View the live presentation here.
Canadian Friends Service Committee:
- Thursday, June 24th, 2021 - Get to Know Thee Friend: A 12-part series for CFSC's 90th anniversary - Part Six: A conversation with Jennifer Preston. Learn more and register.
- Next sessions (register for all through the link above): Part Seven - Thursday, July 29th; Part Eight - Thursday, August 26th; Part Nine - Thursday, September 30th
Friends Committee on National Legislation:
Witness Wednesday Silent Reflection - Every Wednesday on Zoom. 5:15-6:00pm Eastern. Learn more and register.
Friends Couple Enrichment:
- Drop-in Dialogue Dates: June 18 at 7 pm Central. Visit the Friends Couple Enrichment website to register.
Friends Peace Teams:
June 13, 5-7 pm EDT. The Toward Right Relationship with Native Peoples program facilitates a 2-hour participatory workshop, "Roots of Injustice, Seeds of Change: Toward Right Relationship with Native Peoples," appropriate for high school students and adults. Learn more and register here.
Wednesday evenings: MIDWEEK: Experiments in Faithfulness. Free, weekly, guest-facilitated spiritual practice with Quaker flavor and an experimental ethos. Closed captioning provided. Every Wednesday through June, 7:30 - 8:30 pm ET. Register for upcoming sessions and watch past recordings.
Weekday mornings: Simple Meditation Practice. 15-minute guided meditation practice that begins and ends with fellowship. Every Monday-Friday, 8:00 - 8:30 am ET. Free and open to the public. Closed captioning available. Join at this Zoom link.
Events of Interest to Friends
Quaker Saturdays at Work, presented by North American Quakers & Business
All meetings will be held on the second Saturday of the month at 11:00am Eastern Time, except for the FGC Gathering. Learn more and participate here.
- June 18 to 20, 2021 - FGC Gathering
- July 10, 2021 - My Spiritual Journey at Work
Is your Quaker community or organization hosting a virtual event? Send it to us!